Thursday, December 14, 2006

Final Project

Here's the web site I created as my final project. In reflecting on the project, I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I like that I am leaving this class with practical ways to implement the use of the applications we used/read about, and I feel like I challenged myself to try to avoid "tacking on" technology to a lesson. I used freewebs to make my site, PowerPoint, Word and MovieMaker. Everything went smoothly (for the first time!). As I said in my presentation, I would probably revise the amount of text on the site. I would try to switch to bullets and lists where I could. Other than that, it was fun and hopefully practical. At least my imaginary students really seemed to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your website.

As mush as I like the practical application of it, I most enjoy the fictional students you created for the blog.

I once watched Fences, performed at Hangar theatre in Ithaca. I really enjoyed the play. And now you've given me some new ideas on how to include the play in a curriculum.

I love how manageable unit/lesson plans become when we put them online.

I also like Karen's idea of how you could add to the site.

Overall, great job.

Rachel said...

Sarah,
I loved your unit plan/website. It looks awesome, and you really had a ton of content on it. I have zero experience with the play "Fences," but it sounds great and I can't wait to check it out.

I love the idea of making a commercial for a theme. It sounds so simple, and it could be done in several mediums and with different aspects of a text.

I also like how you had your culminating project set up - the fact that you gave the kids a real audience is wonderful. I'm sure you worked your bum off to set it all up, but it all sounds so easy to do (which, by the way, is the mark of a job well done).

All in all, I have to say, two enthusiastic thumbs up on your project. I haven't one piece of criticisn for you. Nicely done!